Have you heard of the superfruit Baobab?
The baobab fruit is one the most nutrient rich foods on the planet, containing fourteen essential vitamins and minerals. Baobab dries naturally on the tree branch. The pulp is separated from the seeds and sieved to produce a delicious, nutrient-dense, raw wholefood that when consumed will help revitalise, energise and boost your immune system. I like to add baobab to my smoothies as it gives it a lovely sherbert-ie taste.
I am fan of Baobab because it contains:
- Six times more vitamin C than oranges
- Twice as many antioxidants as gojiberries
- More iron than red meet
- Twice as much calcium as milk, and
- Six times more potassium than bananas.
Pineapple Sherbert Smoothie
- 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds, soaked for 10 minutes in 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1 cup Pineapple, cut into rough chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 200 ml coconut milk (or other nut milk of your choice)
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 teaspoon Baobab powder.
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blitz until smooth.
- If it is too thick, add some water.
Time saver tip
- Once your pineapple is ripe and sweet, cut it into chunks and freeze in 1 cup portions – that way you will have prepared fruit on hand.
- This smoothie will keep in the fridge for a day or two.
NB: I like to get my Baobab superfruit powder from Minvita via their online store.
Take Action: Like and Share with your friends on Facebook.
P.S. you can find more yummy smoothie recipes in my online bookstore.